2019 WiSE Conference
Thank you to all who participated in the WiSE 2019 (Women in Science & Engineering) Conference on Friday, March 8 at the LBJ Student Center on our beautiful Texas State campus! Our annual WiSE Conference welcomes all who support women in STEM - undergraduate and graduate students of all gender identities, as well as faculty, staff, alumni, and community members.
WiSE 2019 brought together an exciting array of speakers and attendees to discuss timely issues that are important to women at all stages who are pursuing careers in STEM. Our sessions offered all attendees many opportunities for meaningful discussions, experience sharing, professional development, and STEM fun.
With deepest appreciation to our sponsors:
- Center for Diversity and Gender Studies
- College of Science and Engineering
- Department of Biology
- Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Geography
- Department of Engineering Technology
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Physics
- Ingram School of Engineering
- Materials Application Research Center
- Materials Science, Engineering, and Commercialization Program
- Office of Equity and Inclusion
- Office of Research and Federal Relations
- Step up for State "Think WiSE" Scholarship Donors
- Texas State University Common Experience
Congratulations to our 2019 WiSE Scholarship winners:
Congratulations to our 2019 WiSE Research Poster winners:
First Place: Rosa Ramirez (Advisor: Dr. Ivan Castro-Arellano) Possible Hosts for Ornithodoros turicata, a Relapsing Fever vector in Central Texas.
Second Place: Logan Maxwell (Advisor: Dr. Susan Schwinning) Barriers to Native Shrub Establishment on Abandoned Oil and Gas Pads on the Colorado Plateau.
Third Place: Riley Horner (Advisor: Dr. Bahram Asiabanpour) Lean Techniques Applied to Hydroponics.
Third Place: Lizeth Magana (Advisor: Dr. Kurt Retherford) Exposed Ice in Lunar South Pole Permanently Shadowed Regions: A Spectral Analysis by the Lyman Alpha Mapping Project.
Congratulations to our 2019 WiSE "People's Choice" winners:
EXPO: American Chemical Society, Texas State University
EXPO: Astronomy Club, Texas State University
EXPO: Robotics Team, San Marcos High School
POSTER: “Communicating Scientific Concepts to Non-Scientists”, Damilola Runsewe
See you at WiSE 2020!